We love building leaders at Union Kitchen!
We believe that Union Kitchen finds success when our team finds success. This comes in many shapes and forms. In particular, we've worked hard to provide a clear growth path with opportunities to learn, grow, and take on more responsibility.
The Union Kitchen Manager in Training (MIT) program is part of this commitment to our future leaders! The program is a minimum of 8-weeks and equips team members with the skills they need to become an Assistant General Manager at Union Kitchen. Those participating in the training program receive Level 5 benefits and pay starting at $22/hour. Upon successful completion and promotion to Assistant General Manager, the participant will get paid $25/hour.
Our Manager in Training program works through two parts: (1) in store training and (2) technical retail operations.
During the first half, you will learn everything you need to know to effectively run shifts. The second half prepares you to take on technical retail operations like ordering and inventory, scheduling, and team management.
How it Works:
- Program Outline Meeting: The program starts with a one-on-one meeting with your manager to define your program milestones and goals. You will come out with a tailored game plan for your growth into the Assistant General Manager role at Union Kitchen.
- Weekly Check-Ins: Throughout the program, you will have weekly check-ins with your manager to track your progress and hear feedback.
- Mid-Point Review: The Mid-Point Review occurs as you transition into the second part of the program. You build on all the skills you learned in part one with a greater focus on the operations (as outlined under key learnings).
- Growth Meeting with Senior Leadership: At the conclusion of the program, you will meet with senior leadership to discuss next steps.
As part of the program, you will learn the key elements of becoming an effective leader at Union Kitchen. These include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership and Management
- Ordering and Inventory
- Team Management and Training
- Hiring and Team Accountability
- Digital Communications
- Professional Certificates including Servsafe Food Safety Manager, DC ABRA/VA MART, and Cicerone Beer Certification